Thanks to the Tea Party, the GOP looks more like a child’s fantasy then a political party!
Ya know, thanks to the brilliance of the Tea Party the GOP is looking less like a political party, and more like a distorted interpretation of the Frank Baum classic fantasy, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
- You have the Cowardly RYAN, who seeks out the Evil Wizards for courage, being ashamed that, in his cultural role as the King of GOP Fiscal Responsibility, he is not indeed brave and instead only proposes to cut money and services for the most vulnerable Americans (the elderly, the undernourished, the under-employed, the under-educated, the poor), while at the same time extending and hopefully increasing the largesse in corporate giveaways and tax breaks lavished on the richest and most powerful, who will feed Republican campaign coffers and thus must not be offended in any way.
- Then there is the Tin-CANTOR Man who doesn’t have a heart, for it has been slowly stripped from him as he has grown in power in the GOP, to the point where he could care less about helping people who lose their homes, loved ones and their futures in natural disasters like the ones that have devastated vast areas of the Midwest.
- Of course, one of the best known characters is the Wicked Witch of WASILLA, the main antagonist in this sordid version of the fictional land of Oz, always ready to viciously attack those who even hint at standing up to her.
- One of the saddest characters is the poor MICHELLEcrow who throughout the story, shows over and over again that not only doesn’t she have a brain, she doesn’t even realize it!
- Controlling it all is the DICK Behind the Curtain pulling all the levers and manipulating the Tea Party munchkins through fear and intimidation made possible by the wealth and power of…
- The Evil WIZARDS, otherwise known as the Koch Brothers, controllers of one of the world’s largest privately owned companies, and who will stop at nothing to insure that the obscene profits made on the backs of average Americans will never be compromised in any way or by any amount, no matter how small.
Of course, in the real Wizard of Oz, the central character is Dorothy, who leads the plucky band of misfits to the Emerald City where they will find salvation, happiness and a way back home to their loved ones. But in the Tea Party version, Dorothy had the gall to question the Ryan Plan, and she was last seen being carried away by an angry mob of Tea Party Munchkins (called munchkins not because they are short of stature, but because they are short on intelligence).
But what makes this fantasy truly a child’s fairly tale is that there are those in the GOP who still believe that they have a chance of winning the Presidency in 2012! That is something no Wizard, no matter how powerful, will ever be able to accomplish! In fact, come the morning of November 7, 2012, most Republicans across the country, and from all levels of government and elected office, will be uttering a version of that line Dorothy made famous in the movie about the real Wizard of Oz…